Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester
Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester is a mini-microscope that shows the link between oestrogen and the salt levels in your saliva. As ovulation approaches, your oestrogen levels increase and this increases the salinity (salt levels) of your saliva.
When dried saliva is viewed under a microscope, the crystallised patterns that are formed by increased salt levels are different from patterns which form when salt (and oestrogen) levels are low.
- As you approach ovulation oestrogen levels begin to rise and a transitional pattern of ferns and pebbles/dots will be visible.
- Around ovulation, oestrogen levels peak and a distinctive 'fern' pattern will be visible.
- After ovulation, as oestrogen levels fall, a transitional pattern or a pattern of pebbles/dots will be visible again.
How to use the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester
Please ensure that you have not eaten or drunk anything for at least 3 hours before using the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester as the saliva sample needs to be free of contaminants. Food, drinks, toothpaste, mouthwash, chewing gum and smoking will interfere with the results. Drinking water will not affect the results.
We recommend that you take the sample first thing in the morning, before eating or brushing your teeth.
1. Remove the protective cover (Fig. 1).
2. Remove the viewfinder by gently pulling it straight out of the housing (Fig. 2).
Do not unscrew the rotating eye piece from the viewfinder.
3. Clean the sample plate with the lint-free cloth provided (Fig. 3).
NEVER apply water directly to the sample plate or viewfinder.
4. With a clean dry fingertip, place a drop of saliva onto the sample plate and spread a layer ensuring that you cover the entire surface (Fig. 4).
Gently glide any bubbles to the side of the sample plate onto the black area.
Saliva from underneath your tongue should contain the least amount of bubbles.
5. Allow the saliva sample to air dry - only dried saliva will produce patterns.
Patterns are not viewable when wet. This should take approximately 10-15 minutes.
Do not use any heated appliances to reduce drying time as this may affect the patterns formed. View your results soon after the saliva sample has dried as prolonged exposure to air may interfere with the results.
6. After the saliva sample has dried, reinsert the viewfinder into the housing cylinder (Fig. 5).
7. Hold the Maybe Baby Easy Ovulation Tester up very close to your eye and press the light switch on the bottom. Rotate the viewfinder to focus the image until a clear pattern is seen (Fig. 6).
8. Compare the image to the ones shown in this leaflet and record the results on the Fertility Cycle Chart provided.
9. Clean the dried saliva from the sample plate with the lint-free cloth. If the dried saliva is hard to remove, moisten the cloth only with a small drop of water.
10. Replace the protective cover.††
Overall Rating 0
- There have been no reviews for this product.